Monday, July 23, 2012

Score One For The Good Guys

I just received word from Amazon's copyright department that they are suspending all sales of Gregory Branson-Trent's incense book, both hardcopy and eBook versions.  They estimate 2-3 days to get it removed from all Amazon servers.

We have pretty much determined where to attempt service on Mr. B-T, pending review from the experts.  Next on the old hit parade is to track down his printer and hit them with a C and D as well as go after his only other major outlet (BN).  With the formal recognition from Amazon, sending the info to BN makes it fairly automatic when it comes to removal.

There is still a lot more work to do.  Once I have finished with this book, I will begin to check every other book he has sold for any more plagiarism of my work.  Along the way I am documenting all of the other plagiarized work that I can and notifying the copyright owners and publishers (when applicable).  He has claimed at times that his books are distributed by Ingram but that has not proven to be an accurate statement...big shock...

Corrupting books is as close to sin as my Pagan brain can compute.  I don't really believe in the concept of "sin" but I do believe in right and wrong.  I never in a million years saw myself as a "white hat" champion of good (honestly, I still don't!) but this massive transgression by this person cannot go unanswered.  Onward and upward.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Carl!!! We blogged that Gregory Branson Trent had first disabled the ability for people to send him friend requests. The other day, we also noticed that his facebook page has been removed. Looks like he's running. http://www.facebook.com/gregory.bransontrent?sk=wall . You should also send a letter to google's abuse department regarding the many blogs he operates on blogger.com. All of those have nothing but content he stole and tried passing off as his own.

    ReplyDelete